1 pint of grape tomatoes
2 tablespoons of fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
1 small clove of garlic, finely minced
1 baguette or ciabatta loaf
How to prepare:
1. Preheat the oven to 450°.
2. Cut each grape tomato into eights. You can also dice up about a pound of any tomato that you want — just be sure to seed the tomatoes before dicing them.
3. Combine the tomatoes, parsley, and garlic in a bowl. Drizzle with very good extra- virgin olive oil. Shower with a generous sprinkle of Maldon salt. Toss everything together and let the mixture sit for about 5 minutes.
4. In the meanwhile, cut the bread into 1/2 inch-thick slices. Brush one side with olive oil. Toast the bread in the oven until the slices are golden brown. Remove the bread from the oven and let the slices cool.
5. Once the bread has cooled off, mound the tomato mixture on top of each slice. Serve.